This New Year, you might be looking to specify a new grease management or drainage system to improve the health of your commercial kitchen.
As waste water champions, we understand that the creation of a healthy foodservice business starts with healthy waste water management. Below we highlight key areas to focus on and the important questions to ask when drawing up your specification criteria.
1. What grease management systems does your kitchen require now and in the future?
Grease management systems are an essential part of any commercial kitchen operation but the type and size of grease management system you require will depend on a number of factors including:
- The size of your operation
- The type of food you prepare
- How food is cooked
- Current and pending legislation
- Available space
It’s definitely worthwhile getting in contact with your local water authority to see if they have any criteria on over-sizing a system for the future.
2. What drainage system does my kitchen require?
When it comes to specifying your drainage system, there are a number of important questions to ask:
- What capacity does your drainage system require when your kitchen is at its busiest?
- Where does your drainage need to be located? If you have fixed plumbing outlets already, the design of the drain can be made to suit so the drainage of the kitchen isn’t compromised.
- What drainage system will be compatible with other essential systems including flooring and pipework?
Is my drainage system hygienically designed to improve cleanability?
3. Will it be easy to operate the new systems?
Hard-to-operate grease management systems and drainage channels that are difficult to clean will directly impact upon their performance, downtime and the health of your commercial kitchen. ACO’s products are designed to be easy-to-install and easy-to-use.
Our grease management systems even include fully automated cleaning functions. Online as well as face-to-face technical support and training is also available for installers, kitchen operators and employees. This minimises disruption and operating costs, and means you can focus on the quality of the food and the service you provide instead of spending valuable time managing your kitchen infrastructure.
4. What technical support does my drainage and grease management company provide?
It’s important to obtain the correct grease management and drainage system for your commercial kitchen, and to work with a product and systems manufacturer which is experienced in the foodservice sector. At ACO, we provide market-leading grease management and drainage solutions that are based on years of experience of working with foodservice businesses and advice which is based on academically robust information and industry best practice.
To learn more about the specification of drainage and grease management systems to improve the health of your commercial kitchen, please contact your local sales representative.