Product Range Benefits
ACO Passavant grease traps have a range of benefits, making us one of Australia’s leading grease trap suppliers. Our products are:
- Compliant to various Australian water authorities and councils
- Available for applications up to Load Class D, AS 3996: Access covers and grates
- Single point of access for below ground applications
- Designed and manufactured to EN 1825: Grease traps
Some areas where gravity grease traps are commonly installed:
- Hotels, restaurants and hospital kitchens
- Cafeterias, food courts and canteens
- Butchers and meat processing facilities
- Food preserving factories and ready-made meal producers and suppliers
About Fats, Oils and Grease
The accumulation of Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) in a drainage system can create issues for the food preparation facility and downstream infrastructure. FOG is generated from cooking processes and enters the drainage system via sinks, dishwashers and drainage outlets. Grease arrestors are an effective method of extracting FOG from wastewater and are required to be installed in commercial food preparation facilities.
Untreated FOG has damaging effects on sewer infrastructure and wastewater treatment plants and further downstream can cause surcharges and watercourse pollution.
Pollution resulting from FOG is a major concern for water authorities and local councils in Australia.